- Bitcoin Halving (比特币减半) is an event that reduces the supply of newly produced bitcoins by half. It occurs every 4 years or to be precise every 210000 blocks and it is a part of the validation logic in the Bitcoin source code.
- It is also one of the main reasons why [Bitcoin is perceived as sound (hard) money with the inflation rate steadily trending to zero] and becoming deflationary in a long run(some Bitcoins might be lost) in opposite to all the other fiat currencies. Total Supply Limit is 21 million
Bitcoin on Ethereum = Equivalent with BTC locked
- WBTC ( most popular option): Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) is the first ERC20 token backed 1:1 with Bitcoin. Allow for minting WBTC by supplying BTC, and redeeming BTC by burning WBTC
- RenBTC (second popular option)
- SBTC(no underlying Bitcoin at all, one of the Synthetix assets tracking the value of Bitcoin,类似于比特币指数)